Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Love, Love, Love


As in all you need is... that's how I'm feeling today. Last night I did not watch TV at ALL. What a difference that made - instead of staring blankly at the screen, watching stuff I didn't care about, I talked to my sis for an hour, read my Yoga Journal which inspired me to light some candles, do some yoga and a little meditation and have a nice long savasana. Which was perfect! because I was in a great space to just listen and gently probe when my daughter came to me upset.

This morning I've been reflecting on how lucky I am to have such a HUGE family to love and be loved by, not to mention friends that I couldn't live without. (Well, I could try but it wouldn't be nearly as much fun).

So all in all, I really don't NEED the TV with PVR, the sports car, the home renovation (or new home) and state-of-the-art appliances. In fact, I'm better off without 'em. All I REALLY need is love to make me happy. (Ok, and a lot of art supplies and a little travelling money haha).

Today's Quote
Happiness comes from spiritual wealth, not material wealth... Happiness comes from giving, not getting. If we try hard to bring happiness to others, we cannot stop it from coming to us also. To get joy, we must give it, and to keep joy, we must scatter it ~ John Templeton

Wow - could it BE more simple than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment