Monday, April 20, 2009

Books!


I have been reading reading reading today - gorging myself on Abraham/Hicks the Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent, Joshua Kadison's 17 Ways to Eat a Mango, and Paulo Coelho's Brida. All of these delicious books have the central theme that while we are here in these bodies for this brief experience we call Life on Planet Earth the whole point is to ENJOY ourselves!

So I asked myself - AM I enjoying myself? At 7:00 am I woke up and thought about spending the whole day in bed. At 8:00 am I was in neutral - flat - as I cleaned the mess the kids had left me from the night before. At 9:00 am I went for a walk - the sun was out, the breeze was cool, and things are beginning to green up - at first it felt like work to get moving but I got into the rhythm pretty fast. Feeling better - spirits lifting. At 10:00 I checked my e-mails, responded, and then wrote about kicking my addiction to being needed - huge epiphany - starting to feel better still. At 11:30 am a friend called, she'd lost her job - was I busy? (Oh the irony!) No, as a matter of fact, I wasn't. Met her for lunch which lasted for 3 hours - and by the end we were both laughing and smiling and life didn't seem so bad anymore. Feeling goood now. Had a nap mmmmmmm. I read and read in between cleaning and walking and e-mailing and lunching and napping and dinner and at 6:30 - went to the library for more books. Being in the library surrounded by all those words spilling out everywhere about every possible thing learned and imagined by man up 'til now is overwhelming and awe-inspiring. Now it's 10:00 pm and I'm feeling GREAT.

My point? You can't just sit around waiting for things to get better - to FEEL better - you have to make it happen.

Today's Quote
If you don't know what to do - do SOMETHING ~ Brendan O'Toole (who happens to be a good friend and these were his birthday words of wisdom. Couldn't have been more appropriate even though, knowing Brendan, this wasn't exactly how he meant them.)


No comments:

Post a Comment